Cooking with kids is a great way to introduce children to procedural texts and practical maths skills. Our canteen Milo Ricies are always a huge hit and we are lucky to have the recipe shared with us so you can make this at home.
Better yet, make yourself a cuppa & let the kids do all of the work.
These biscuits are a hit at the canteen window during lunch and recess and they are so easy and quick to make. You can substitute white flour for wholemeal flour to make them even healthier, however you may find you need to add an extra tablespoon of boiling water to the mix.
½ cup sugar
¾ plain flour
½ cup coconut
1 ½ cups rice bubbles
½ cup milo
½ cup rolled oats
100 grams margarine
1 Tablespoon golden syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons boiling water.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix sugar, flour, coconut, rice bubbles, milo and oats in a bowl.
- Melt margarine and golden syrup in a small saucepan. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water.
- Add baking soda and syrup to dry ingredients, combine.
- Roll into balls approx. 1 tablespoon each. Flatten on lined oven tray. Bake 12 mins. Remove from oven and cool.