At Carranballac P-9 College we support the right of all members of the school community to access safe and inclusive learning environments, including digital and online spaces. This agreement outlines the schools’ roles and responsibilities in supporting safe digital learning, as well as the expected behaviors we have of our students when using digital or online spaces. Access to computers and the Internet is provided for the purposes of educational research and learning. The purpose of this agreement is to provide rules for appropriate use of these facilities. Students and parents are asked to carefully read and then sign the following agreement. Further information about Carranballac P-9 College’s ICT policies can be found on our website.
To the student and parent/legal guardian/caregiver, please:
- Read this page carefully to check that you understand your responsibilities under this Agreement.
- Sign the appropriate section of the Acceptable Use Agreement.
We understand that Carranballac P-9 College will:
- Do its best to keep the College cyber safe, by maintaining an effective cyber safety program based on eSmart. This includes working to restrict access to inappropriate, harmful or illegal material on the Internet or school ICT equipment/devices at school or at school-related activities and enforcing the cyber safety rules and requirements detailed in the Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Keep a copy of this signed Acceptable Use Agreement form in your Learning Journal.
- Respond appropriately to any breaches of the Acceptable Use Agreement.
- Provide members of the College community with cyber safety education designed to complement and support the eSmart initiative.
- Welcome enquiries from students or parents about cyber safety issues.
I understand that the use of devices, computers and access to the Internet while participating in classes or events at Carranballac P-9 College must be in support of educational research and learning and I agree to conduct myself in a safe, smart and responsible manner.
To show respect, I will:
- Ask a staff member if I am not sure about anything to do with this Agreement.
- Look after ICT equipment (including computers, keyboard, mice, iPads, etc.)
- Report any damage to college equipment to a teacher.
- Respect other students’ privacy.
- Communicate with others in a supportive manner.
To show inclusiveness, I will:
- Never participate in online bullying or discrimination (e.g. creating, encouraging, forwarding messages or supporting others in harmful, inappropriate or hurtful online behaviors).
- Never take, send or upload images of college members, my family or friends without receiving their permission.
To show responsibility, I will:
- Be a safe user of ICT
- Ask a responsible adult before putting any personal information online.
- Never put my friend’s or family’s personal information online.
- Protect my privacy by never publishing personal or identifiable details online, including my full name, school name, telephone number, and address, date of birth, passwords and images.
- Protect the privacy of others by never posting or forwarding any identifiable or personal details and/or images without their consent;
- Ensure I act in a way which protects the privacy, safety and security of the College and all members of the College community.
- Use all devices correctly including leaving devices packed up appropriately at the end of each session
- Talk to a teacher or a trusted adult if I feel uncomfortable or unsafe online, or if I see others participating in unsafe, inappropriate or hurtful online behavior
- Review the terms and conditions of use for any digital or online tool (e.g. age restrictions, parental consent requirements) and, if my understanding is unclear I will seek further explanation from a trusted adult
- Only create things I would share with my teacher
- Ask for support when I need it
To show integrity, I will:
- Never use digital devices in isolated spaces away from supervision.
- Use age appropriate websites.
- Abide by minimum age requirements of websites.
- Use my own log in.
- Not change any passwords set by the college.
- Not use another person’s log in credentials.
- Not change or set another person’s passwords.
- Follow the agreement whenever I use ICT on the school site or whilst engaged in any school-related activity, regardless of its location.
- Think carefully about the content I upload or post online, knowing that this is a personal reflection of who I am and can influence my digital footprint, and subsequently what people think of me.
- Ask for help if I am unsure of the right choice to make.
- Abide by both Department of Education and Carranballac P-9 College ICT and Mobile Phone Policies.
To show resilience, I will:
- Navigate the digital world with diligence and consideration.
- Ask for support when I need it.
- Report incidents of cyber bullying occurring during school to a Teacher. Cyber bullying occurring outside school hours can be reported to the eSafety commissioner’s office esafety.gov.au
I have read and understood my responsibilities and agree to abide by this Acceptable Use Agreement. I know that if I breach this Acceptable Use Agreement there may be serious consequences.
Parents, Guardians and Carers Agreement:
As part of my responsibilities as a Parent, Guardian or Carer of a student in the Carranballac P-9 College:
- I will read this Acceptable Use Agreement carefully and discuss it with my child so we both have a clear understanding of their role in the College’s work to maintain a safe environment.
- I will ensure this Acceptable Use Agreement is signed by me and my child and returned to the College
- I will support my child to follow the Acceptable Use Agreement and understand their failure to do so may result in serious consequences.
- I will contact the school if there is any aspect of this Acceptable Use Agreement I would like to discuss.
I have read this Acceptable Use Agreement and am aware of the College’s initiatives to maintain a safe learning environment, including my child’s responsibilities. I will support College staff when fulfilling their duty to create a safe online space for children to learn and develop digital skills; including managing online behavior, consequences, and student engagement.
Please note: This agreement for your child will remain in force as long as they are enrolled at this school. The college maintains the right to make changes to this document.